Mamta's Kitchen

Forum Thread - Besan ke laddoo problem - please help!!

You may also reply to this thread.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Hi, i tried making besan ladoo and they were not binding so i added roasted besan and tgat worked but the ladoos are over sweet, is there any way by which they can be adjusted for less sweerness and then reshaped again..?

Please help

Mamta, on 15/9/2018 04:30am

I don't understand why adding more Besan, and not sugar, should make your laddoos more sweet.

I would put it down to experience and eat them up as they are. Try to measure exact amounts next time.

Deepika, on 29/10/2018 10:34am

Hi mam my besan loodu preparation is all good ..taste is also good... But problem ye he ki maine jo besan use kiya hai wo jyada mota lag raha hai...kya mai ise mixi mai wapas grind karu

Mamta, on 29/10/2018 02:50pm

I have not faced that problem, so difficult to say. I suggest that you grind a small portion in a grinder and see if it works.

Otherwise, put it down to experience and make laddos anyway. They may be slightly more granular, but will taste fine, as long as you have roasted the Besan properly.

Meenakshi , on 31/10/2018 10:36am

Actually I made besan ladoos mixture.... But the mixture was thin....ladoos are not made ...then what I do....plz tell me...

Mahima Navani, on 6/11/2018 05:52pm

Hi..my ladoos have become very sweet and looks like i added too much ghee. Please help me!! How do i fix this as it very sweet and full of ghee?

Thanks much

Jyoti, on 6/11/2018 07:41pm

I put maida instead of sugar by mistake in besan ladoo now what to do?

B Bawa , on 8/11/2018 12:56am

Every time I add maida instead of sugar I just add some onions, green chilies, coriander leaves , salt, mashed potatoes and make aloo parathas out of them.

Mamta, on 8/11/2018 05:57am

1 Mahima Navani

If mixture is too thin, you have obviously added too much ghee. Same thing with too much sweet, you have added too much sugar, too little besan. Next time, measure everything. For now, roast some more besan without ghee and add it to the mix, also adding extra sugar accordingly.

2 Jyoti; As you would have discovered by now, you can't do much with a mix with unfried maida. If it was fired in ghee, it would have still been possible to make laddoos, by adding extra ghee and adjusting sugar appropriately. It doesn't take long to measure. Please measure ingredients next time. Suggestion by B Bawa is also a good one. Make parathas or poories.

Hope you all had a lovely Diwali, in spite of these mishaps.

Best wishes

Mamta.

Veena, on 9/11/2018 04:08pm

After cooling down the mixture I made for besan ka ladoo it was way too wet for shaping into balls. What to do now????

Mamta, on 10/11/2018 06:35am

Did you measure the amount before starting? Too wet usually means too much ghee.

The only thing you can do is dry fry some more besan and add that. If you need to sweeten it more, you can add a little more ground/caster sugar too. But do not add more ghee, probaby the cause of your too wet mix in the first pace.

Lynette , on 19/12/2018 01:05pm

My besan Ladoo batter has turned gd but I'm getting sugar crystal in them while eating. How Shd I fix it

, on 19/12/2018 10:26pm

If they taste good, enjoy them as they are. This kind of problems are impossible to fix. The thought of grinding the whole thing in a food processor and making laddoos again springs to mind. But I have no idea if that will work.

, on 29/12/2018 02:46pm

I made bed an barfivwith sugar syrup but now it turn into rock hard . Even I can’t make the pieces of it .

Sanya, on 31/12/2018 02:01am

I made laddoos last night and they turned out well too. But now they are very hard. Why did this happen?

Rakhi Mehra, on 28/1/2019 10:32am

I have problem in binding ladoos,kindly help.Ingredients are flax seeds,oats,jaggery ,chia seeds,elaichi powder and one spoon of my son's protein powder.one TSP of ghee too.i have roasted all,melted jaggery too but it's not binding ,so now I have formed it into a powder.plz help

Rakhi Mehra, on 28/1/2019 10:32am

I have problem in binding ladoos,kindly help.Ingredients are flax seeds,oats,jaggery ,chia seeds,elaichi powder and one spoon of my son's protein powder.one TSP of ghee too.i have roasted all,melted jaggery too but it's not binding ,so now I have formed it into a powder.plz help

, on 29/1/2019 05:07pm

I am not familiar with the Laddoos that you have made. Generally speaking, Laddoos are bound into shape due to ghee and sugar or jaggery syrup. With the tiny amount of ghee you are using, that may be an issue. I am not sure what consistency your syrup is. You will probably need a soft ball stage, especially since you have so little ghee in it.

I am not really a great Indian sweet maker, so will suggest that you look for some til/nuts/seed Laddoos and adapt the amounts from there.

Mamta

Tanvi raut, on 4/2/2019 11:00am

Mam mere rava ladoo ka mixture hard ho gaya hai 1/2 hour rakhne ke baad bhi bhot jyada hard mein kya karu ab

Palki, on 26/3/2019 07:39pm

By mistake I added more ghee in laddo and i have also added the sugar... how to fix this? I want besan in crumbled texture

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

You may reply to this thread.

Content copyright ©2001-2024 Mamta Gupta and F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Layout and design ©2001-2024 F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Hosted on Mythic Beasts
All comments and queries to webmaster@mamtaskitchen.com