Mamta's Kitchen

Forum Thread - Besan ke laddoo problem - please help!!

You may also reply to this thread.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

How much salt? Same amount as you would add of sugar? If that is the case, then it is too much and you have to throw it away.

If you have added normal amount of salt, make Besan Chilla with some vegetable grated and added to the batter, to reduce the salt, or make Kadhi or besan Gattae.

All recipe are on this website, you can also find a few on WWW.

Mamta

DT, on 18/4/2021 09:16pm

Just a tip if your laddoos are undercooked. Bake them in an oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. It worked perfectly for me.

Mamta, on 19/4/2021 01:31pm

Great idea DT.

Mamta

RUCHI , on 2/6/2021 12:29am

My besan ladoo are little jiggely. Matlab not retaining the shape. Taste wise they r good but shape seems to become flat in some time.

I added sugar while besan was hot. Now how to make it right. Perfect round shape?

Mamta, on 2/6/2021 09:36pm

Did you put too much ghee perhaps?

BHAWANI, on 14/6/2021 07:36am

WE HAVE PREPARED BESAN CHAKKI AND ALSO ADDED SUGAR AFTER THAT WE HAVE TEST THE CHAKKI THE BESAN IS RAW WHAT WILL DO TO AGAIN FRY BESAN.

ALSO PLZ NOTE SUGAR ALREADY ADDED.

Mamta, on 15/6/2021 07:58am

Why would you add sugar to Besan before making sure that it is properly roasted?

I don't think you can roast it after adding sugar, it will burn/become chewy as sugar melts when you fry it. Put it down to a learning experience, you will never make this mistake again :) . We have all made mistakes, you are not alone !

Better luck next time!

Mamta

May be someone else here has a bright suggestion?

Aahan , on 21/8/2021 08:25am

My besan is quite dark after frying it in ghee, haven’t added the sugar yet as im waiting for it to cool but im worried its burnt.. is there anything i can do now to fix it?

Mamta, on 21/8/2021 08:43pm

Hello Aahan

Once something is burnt, there is not much you can do to remedy it. Taste it and see if smells/tastes burn. If the answer is yes, throw it in the bin and start again, frying it on low heat, not in a very hot pan.

Mamta

Mini, on 6/9/2021 09:31am

Hi Di, I tried the besan barfi recipe. Everything turned out good. Taste, consistency etc.

But i got some sand particle like gritty sensation in my mouth while eating. Not completely. Few particles here n there. I don't understand what is causing it. Please help.

Mamta, on 6/9/2021 05:03pm

Hello Mini

I can't imagine anything except

Mamta, on 6/9/2021 05:07pm

Hello Mini

I can't imagine anything except some sort of sand or dirt giving that sort of gritty sensation. Somehow your Besan/ghee/sugar got contaminated with sand/dirt. I can't imagine how though, as everything comes nicely packed these days.

There is no way (that I know) you can remove it.

Sorry, unable to help.

Mamta

Rani, on 19/9/2021 04:08pm

I have made the besan ladoo ...it has put too much water can u please help it out how to fix this

Besan Laddoo, on 20/9/2021 06:20pm

Hello Rani

Why would you put water in Besan laddoos? I have never heard of anyone doing that. What you have probably got is Besan Halva. Serve it in small plates and enjoy it as it is.

Mamta

Deepti, on 25/11/2021 07:25pm

Hi I made besan lassos today but when I was binding it and tasted, I found that besan isn’t cooked properly. Can anyone advise me what to do now?

Mamta, on 26/11/2021 08:11pm

Dear Dipti

It is surprising how many people get tired of frying/roasting the Besan + Ghee and add sugar too soon. Unfortunately, if you fry it after adding sugar, sugar will melt and burn.

What I will say is that put it down to experience, learn from this and make better ones next time. Read the steps of frying Besan carefully.

Best wishes.

Mamta

Aneesha, on 24/11/2023 08:21am

Mam I tried to roast the besan with ghee it's been 20 mins or so the besan is not realising ghee what to do now?

Aneesha, on 24/11/2023 08:22am

Mam I tried to roast the besan with ghee it's been 20 mins or so the besan is not realising ghee what to do now?

Mamta, on 24/11/2023 02:47pm

You mean Besan is not releasing the ghee when you are frying it in the Karahi?

If the amount of ghee is less, you will not see it released from the mass of Besan, even it is well roasted. It is difficult to comment without seeing it.

Raghu, on 3/12/2023 04:50am

Just realized after adding sugar for making Besan laddu that besan was ekdam kaccha! Microwaved it a few times for short intervals, like four/five times for 90 seconds. Time depends on the cups of besan to start with and microypower. I was using 450 grams besan. Had to heat it at lest 8 times before the raw taste went away. Cool down the besan mixture in between. Mix well. If you see the color change and local brown spots, then it is most prodone. Repeat if it still tastes raw. Cool down and make laddu.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

You may reply to this thread.

Content copyright ©2001-2024 Mamta Gupta and F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Layout and design ©2001-2024 F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Hosted on Mythic Beasts
All comments and queries to webmaster@mamtaskitchen.com