Mamta's Kitchen

Forum Thread - Besan ke laddoo problem - please help!!

You may also reply to this thread.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Hello Niki

I am not sure what may cause a strange taste. Difficult to say without looking or tasting it.

Possible reasons;

Uder-fried besan

Burnt/overfied besan

Old besan that may have gone off

Mamta

bhagya, on 27/7/2017 05:37am

I made it 2 times n it has a slight bitter after taste dunno why plzz help

Mamta, on 28/7/2017 02:35pm

It has never been bitter whenever I have made it. This is a pretty basic recipe. Only thing I can think of is that besan was cooked on too high heat and got burnt.

Sahiti, on 7/8/2017 04:32pm

Hi Marta,

Just made the laddoo.

My laddoo is soft not sure what went wrong. Will they harden if I wait? Is there any remedy nnow to harden them?

Mamta, on 8/8/2017 10:41am

Hello Sahiti

yes, the laddoos are a bit soft when freshly made. They should become firmer as they cool, unless you live in a very hot place :).

Try keeping them in the fridge for a bit.

You didn't add too much ghee by any chance, did you?

Mamta

Punam, on 12/10/2017 07:46pm

Hello,

I roasted rava, besan in ghee and added sugar syrup to their mixture. But the mixture became hard and coarse. Cannot make laddus out of it. What should I do now? I cannot add more sugar syrup as the mixture tastes perfectly sweet right now. Should I roast it with ghee and try again? Also, there are small hard balls in the mixture which tastes very sweet. I think it is probably because of the sugar syrup that hardened after cooling. How can I get rid of these hard pieces? Will the heating with ghee help?

RuBe, on 16/10/2017 05:36am

my laddoo taste and the way it had been molded is perfect, but its not drenched in syrup. can i add anything at this tage or should i leave as is?

Mamta, on 16/10/2017 08:04am

Hello Punam

I make laddos by adding ground/caster sugar to the friued besan, not syrup. I don't know anyone who makes them with syrup.

If your syrup is thick, 2-3 wire/thread consistency, that is likely to set as it cools. That is probably you have the hard balls in it. The only way to get rid of them is to either pick them out individually or blend the whole mix in a food processor.

Hello RuBe

Why should laddoos should be drenched in sugar syrup, I don't understand your question? This is how Besan laddoo should look.

Mamta

NR, on 6/12/2017 08:52pm

Hi can I mix both besan and sugar together?? Actually the thing I already mixed besan and sugar together in a separate container what can I do out of it??please help

Mamta, on 9/12/2017 10:03am

Is this raw, un-fried, besan that you have mixed sugar to? If yes, you can't really make burfi from it, which requires the besan to be fried. Otherwise, it will taste awful. The only thing that I can think of off the top of my head that you can use this 'raw' besan and sugar mix is a sweet besan pancake. Follow this recipe for Semolina & Wheat Flour Sweet Chilla Pancake; http://mamtaskitchen.com/recipe_display.php?id=10276

Rashmi Gupte, on 9/2/2018 09:48am

If rawa is remained uncooked after binding ladoo then what to do?

Mamta, on 9/2/2018 02:28pm

Not much you can do once you have added sugar. May be you can break a couple of them, add water and try making halva with them?

Lincy, on 28/7/2018 01:56pm

When the proportion of ghee is more in besan ladoo preparation, the ladoo will become too soft n cannot retain the shape of ladoo. So fry more besan powder n add proportionate powdered sugar and mix it with the the besan ladoo preparation made earlier n make ladoos..

Sumitra muli, on 13/8/2018 07:47am

I have made rava besan ladu but problem is that it does not become solid it's semisolid now what can I do..

Mamta, on 14/8/2018 07:32am

Hello Sumitra

What do you mean by it is not solid? Is it runny from too much ghee or crumbly and impossible to form into a laddoo?

Shamiya , on 8/9/2018 06:04am

Hi, I tried making Besan Laddu and also everything went good taste also all good I made with Sugar Bhura.. But later after it get set.. D next day I found it was little harder... So why it has become like dis... Pls help me for dis any remedy dear... Thnxxxx..

Mamta, on 10/9/2018 03:20am

If it is cold weather where you are or you put them in a fridge, the ghee in it solidifies and hardens, making them rock hard. You can warm them in microwave for 10-20 seconds.

Medha Pophalkar , on 10/9/2018 03:42pm

Today I made besan, rava burfi, won't turn hard it still soft, how reform

Mamta, on 12/9/2018 06:13pm

Difficult to say without looking. You probably put too much ghee. Or if you used chashni sugar syrup, it was probably too thin. See https://www.mamtaskitchen.com/recipe_display.php?id=13000

Shraddha, on 12/9/2018 07:26pm

I made besan laddoos today ,roasted besan very well n took proportion 2:1

But when i tried to make laddoos ..i found the mixture very hard to shape ...pls give me d remedy

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

You may reply to this thread.

Content copyright ©2001-2024 Mamta Gupta and F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Layout and design ©2001-2024 F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Hosted on Mythic Beasts
All comments and queries to webmaster@mamtaskitchen.com