Mamta's Kitchen

Forum Thread - Besan ke laddoo problem - please help!!

You may also reply to this thread.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Pan fry/roast some more besan, without the ghee, and add it to the mix. You may need to add some more sugar, depending upon how sweet you like them. Keep the mixture in fridge for 20 to 30 min. Then the mixture with too much ghee will not create problem in forming ladoo

Ruchi, on 13/8/2020 11:30pm

I mistakenly added normal sugar which is not getting dissolved in besan ghee mixture... What to do

Ruchi, on 13/8/2020 11:30pm

I mistakenly added normal sugar which is not getting dissolved in besan ghee mixture... What to do

Mamta, on 15/8/2020 05:55am

If you have a food processor, grind the whole mix in it, a little at a time. That should work.

Mamta

Reena, on 22/8/2020 10:39am

I have made besan ladoo...but they are bitter in taste...what can i do now?

Shnu, on 23/8/2020 02:05pm

Ladoo bana shuru kiya aur fir besan kadhai main chipak gaya aur laga jaise motti chur nahi besan ke ladoo tau ban jaeinge....lekin baad main, woh halwa ban gaya.

Monika, on 24/8/2020 07:20pm

Hi, I tried making besan laddo for the first time. I am using mota (coarse) besan. I dry roasted the besan first for almost 20 minutes. dry roasted - almost, with very little ghee. Then added the whole ghee and roasted the besan again for 10 minutes. my besan still has some crunchy/hard bites (tiny pieces of chana daal). what could be wrong and how to fix it now?

Mamta, on 26/8/2020 04:48pm

Your Besan must have had bits of chana dal when you started. You can pass it through a wire sieve, like the one used in most kitchens, and remove the dal bits.

I can’t understand why your Besan has bits of unground dal.

Mamta

Mamta, on 26/8/2020 04:50pm

Your Besan must have had bits of chana dal when you started. You can pass it through a wire sieve, like the one used in most kitchens, and remove the dal bits.

I can’t understand why your Besan has bits of unground dal. I do hope you can sort it and it is not wasted.

When a recipe has worked for generations, why try to do it in a different, untested way?

Mamta

Priya patel, on 3/9/2020 03:29am

By mistake i put wheat laddu flour and roast it instead of besan laddu what should i do with that i don't want to waste it plz suggest me something that i can make from it

Mamta, on 3/9/2020 06:10am

Priya, Everyone makes mistakes in the kitchen, so don't worry. Make atta laddoos. If you have some Gum/Gond, melon seeds, Makhana, you can make delicious laddos from atta. Even plain atta laddos are lovely. They were very popular in my grandmother's days, 50-60 years ago;

https://www.mamtaskitchen.com/recipe_display.php?id=10519

Many more recipes on the internet.

Mamta

https://www.facebook.com/mamtaskitchen

rupinder, on 4/9/2020 08:31am

bessan ki laddu banne me mane suger ki jaga salt dal dia hi

Mamta, on 4/9/2020 11:41am

Oh no Rupinder! Make Besan Matharies instead.

ag, on 31/10/2020 10:45pm

The idea of adding milk to bind the laddu (in case the mix is powdery) is fantastic! Works like a charm! Thank you Suchya!!!

Remya, on 10/11/2020 04:34am

Hi,

I made Besan laddoos yesterday and this is not the first time I am making it but this time it is tasting bitter. I fried the Besan properly on low heat for about 15 to 20 mins in ghee and added semolina n fried for another 7 to 8 mins so no chance of burning. Later on I found out that the Besan itself is bitter. I tasted the besan directly from the pack. What could be the reason? Have anyone experienced this?

Shruti, on 10/11/2020 10:06am

Hi,

I added sugar in hot besan and now I think that besan is still raw. It's not roasted completely. What can I do?

Mamta, on 10/11/2020 09:39pm

Hello Shruti

I don’t know the answer to that. You can try this:

Take a tiny amount out, about a dessert spoonful, and try frying it In a heavy bottomed pan, on gentle heat. If it works, without sugar burning and becoming sticky, then you can do the same with all of it.

Mamta

Preetha, on 17/11/2020 10:01am

Hi Mamta ji,

I made the besan laddoo , it tasted perfect it got binded well in round shape but after a time they are loosing its shape , kind of melted , is it because the amount of ghee has gone high in my preparation.

Mamta, on 17/11/2020 11:12am

Hello Preetha

It sounds like too much ghee, if they are going soft after a while.

Put them in an airtight box and store in the fridge. If it is too much ghee that is the problem, they should become hard on low temperature.

Mamta

Chaarvi, on 25/11/2020 01:04pm

I put salt in laddoo instead of sugar.... What to do now

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

You may reply to this thread.

Content copyright ©2001-2024 Mamta Gupta and F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Layout and design ©2001-2024 F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Hosted on Mythic Beasts
All comments and queries to webmaster@mamtaskitchen.com