Mamta's Kitchen

Forum Thread - remedy to rectify besan ladoo consistency

You may also reply to this thread.

Page: 1 2 3 4

Hello Helena

I add sugar to besan while hot and then bind laddoos while besan and sugar mix are still warm. Try warming one laddoos worth of mix in a microwave for 10 seconds and see if that helps. If this doesn’t work, I don’t have an answer for you. If it works, you can repeat the process with small amounts (3-4 laddoos worth of besan at a time).

I follow my mums recipe: https://www.mamtaskitchen.com/recipe_display.php?id=10083

Mamta

RitaBokil, on 21/4/2020 10:10am

Hi

I added sugar ( not powdered) in the hot roasted besan ..it's not melting in the besan ...is there any remedy to correct it now?

Mamta, on 21/4/2020 10:22am

Sugar is not supposed to melt into the besan. It is just mixed in it and then bound into laddoos.

Mamta

Shivani, on 16/5/2020 11:41am

Hey can uh plz help.i have taken 5tbsp of milk in besan and then after some time take it and roast using ghee....but now this mixture has minute granules...like texture..now i am cooling it and it is so much dry ...added enough of ghee....plz help so i can procede with this thing

Mamta, on 18/5/2020 07:35am

Sorry Shivani, I can't visualize your problem! Why did you add milk to besan laddoos?

Sorry, don't know the solution to your problem.

Mamta

Poomathi, on 18/5/2020 02:41pm

Put it ina mixer and give few pulse..and ur ladoos will hold d shape...

Mamta, on 19/5/2020 05:03pm

Poomathi, that is a brilliant suggestion!

Mamta

Abi, on 21/5/2020 07:09am

I have added sugar and made it to a Ladoo but it tastes a bit of raw besan. How to rectify this

Mamta, on 21/5/2020 11:54am

It is not possible, as far as I know, to roast the besan more, after adding sugar. In my experience, it will become chewy and useless.

Mamta

Laebah, on 23/5/2020 08:59am

Hey, I made besan laddu, added a little too much water to my besan, and my boora wasn't a fine powder so i grinded it. it became toffee like, and I don't know what went wrong. So I checked your forum, added some more sugar (but accidentally put more ghee in it) so ofcourse it didn't turn out well. Then I added dry besan roasted in ghee. And then some more dry roasted besan. Now it's acquired the texture of a halwa, but i wanted to make laddus since I have to send somewhere. Can this be fixed? It's too much to waste and use as halwa only

Mamta, on 24/5/2020 07:21am

1. Make fresh laddoos for sending to someone, properly following the amounts and the recipe.

2. Divide what halva you have made accidentally into smaller portions and freeze them. You can take out a portion from time to time and use it up for the family.

3 Or spread it on a tray. cut it down into Burfi shapes and use it that way. If you keep them in the fridge, they will become firm.

I can't think of anything else that you can do!

Mamta

Ash, on 25/5/2020 04:54am

I added coarse sugar in besan while it was hot, sugar didn't melt well.. Any remedy

Manjila, on 26/5/2020 04:34am

Hi

What to do i mistakely put sugar and made batter of besan and how can i make buniya

Meeta Sharma, on 29/5/2020 10:50pm

I tried atta ladoo for first time but it’s not binding.apart from putting ghee what remedies can be taken so that it comes out as laddoo itself and not Prasad. Thanks

, on 30/5/2020 04:34pm

These are the only atta flour laddoos I have ever made, so can’t answer yours question.

https://www.mamtaskitchen.com/recipe_display.php?id=10519

Mamta

Unknown, on 16/6/2020 05:02pm

What are the things we need to make basin laddu at home

Mamta, on 17/6/2020 03:56pm

See here:

https://www.mamtaskitchen.com/recipe_display.php?id=10083

Mamta

Julian, on 22/6/2020 12:07pm

Hi

I made besan ke laddoo with a lot more ghee than intended, and once it was almost cool, i added granular sugar (not powdered). it was hard to make it into balls or reduce the size of the sugar particles with hand. I tried adding extra roasted bean. But it just was too liquidy to be made into balls. I kept it in a Tiffin box for a few hours and then I was able to make balls, however it is still sticky and the biting into the sugar particles ruins the experience of the laddoo. I have refrigerated it now.

Do you think breaking the balls and heating them again in a pan will help reduce the size of the sugar particles? My mixy was not working hence all this trouble.

Please help.

Mamta, on 22/6/2020 10:01pm

I was going to suggest that you grind it in Mixer, but since yours is broken, you obviously can’t. Will a friend or neighbour let you use theirs?

Try heating a very small portion in a pan/microwave. If the sugar melts easily, spread the whole thing in a greased tray and let it Ser. Once set, cut is into squares/diamond shapes called Burfi:

https://www.mamtaskitchen.com/recipe_display.php?id=10601

Mamta

Julian, on 23/6/2020 04:28pm

I tried heating it in a pan, but the sugar particles didn't melt even when the besan had turned dark brown. :/ Never again will I make this without powdered sugar.

Page: 1 2 3 4

You may reply to this thread.

Content copyright ©2001-2024 Mamta Gupta and F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Layout and design ©2001-2024 F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Hosted on Mythic Beasts
All comments and queries to webmaster@mamtaskitchen.com