Mamta's Kitchen

Forum Thread - remedy to rectify besan ladoo consistency

You may also reply to this thread.

Page: 1 2 3 4

Julian, we all learn from our mistakes.

Try this one next time, much easier and very tasty. Just make sure that you roast the Besan flour on low heat, stirring well all the while, until it changes to darker colour and gives out nutty aroma. Don’t let it burn by doing it on high heat:

https://www.mamtaskitchen.com/recipe_display.php?id=14029

Tabassum, on 3/7/2020 07:59pm

Today I made besan laddus. The taste turned out to be perfect but, the shape was the problem I was facing. The laddus were very soft from outside and had a shining surface too. I tried to refrigerate too. But the laddus came out to be even more out of shape.

Mamta, on 4/7/2020 12:05pm

Tabassum, may be little too much ghee?

Mamta, on 5/7/2020 01:34pm

We have all been there and have learnt from our mistakes. All shortcuts are not successful.

Mamta

Rashi, on 2/8/2020 10:06am

I m making a besan laddoo,but besan is not fry properly and mixed khoya in it and sugar also then it tastes like 'kacha besan' so what we do now plz tell me the solution.

Julian, on 2/8/2020 12:11pm

If I were to use a sugar syrup to make besan ke ladoo this time, when should I add it? Should it be heated?

Mamta, on 3/8/2020 12:31pm

Hello Rashi

I dont understand what you mean when you say that the Besan is not frying properly. If you put correct amount of ghee and cook it on low heat, it will slowly fry. You can not hurry this, it will burn and become bitter. Once you have added sugar ((and Khoya) to Besan. Not much you can do now.

I have never added knoya to Besan Laddoo and don’t know anyone who does. So can’t answer this question.

Mamta

, on 3/8/2020 12:32pm

Hello Julian

I have never made Besan laddoos with sugar syrup, so can’t answer your question unfortunately. Sorry!

Mamta

, on 11/8/2020 06:57am

hey, I made besan ladoo and it ended up tasting very bitter. what do I do? please help.

Mamta, on 11/8/2020 11:09am

I can only think of two reasons for laddoos becoming bitter;

1. Besan was burnt or too old/off

2. Ghee was burnt or had 'gone off'

I can't think of a remedy, may be someone else can!

Mamta

Nidhi , on 19/8/2020 03:12am

Hi Mamta,

My besan ladoo look fine in terms of consistency but I can taste a little raw besan. I roasted the besan pretty well until it turned golden and gave lots of aroma. Can you suggest why is this happening and is there a way to rectify this at all.

Regards

Nidhi

Mamta, on 20/8/2020 05:55am

Besan can taste raw only if it is raw. Roasting besan properly takes patience and knowing when it is done. It takes a little practice. We have all made these mistakes in the beginning, being in a hurry.

It is difficult to roast it further once sugar is added. It can become chewy. Try to put a little besan in a plate and microwave it for a minute at a time, until you get that 'roasted and nutty' aroma. Lets hope yhay doing this this doesn't melt/burn the sugar. If this works, you can spread out a little more on a plate at a time to the rest.

Or, you can test try a crushed laddoo a bit more in a karahi too, and see if that works. The danger is that the sugar may melt and become chewy..

You will know better next time :)

Mamta

Monika, on 24/8/2020 08:19pm

Hi, I tried making besan laddo for the first time. I am using mota (coarse) besan. I dry roasted the besan first for almost 20 minutes. dry roasted - almost, with very little ghee. Then added the whole ghee and roasted the besan again for 10 minutes. my besan still has some crunchy/hard bites (tiny pieces of chana daal). what could be wrong and how to fix it now?

PARMJIT , on 21/10/2020 03:39pm

Hi I made besan barfi, it turned out okay but pieces were too soft. I was told to to put it back on heat for two minutes and let it set again. Now its too dry. What can I do to make it to mixture can set. Please help if there is anything can make the mixture to required consistency

Mamta , on 21/10/2020 06:16pm

Hello Parmjit

It is very difficult to reciting these things once sugar has been added. Cooking again makes sugar set.

If the mix tastes ok, try to make laddoos with it .

Mamta

Ritu , on 24/10/2020 08:49pm

Hi tried making besan ladoo. They came out good but were a little dry. How do I fix that

Anushree, on 11/11/2020 12:47pm

I made rava besan ladoo but it looks more like halwa rather than ladoo mixture what to do?

Mamta, on 12/11/2020 02:00pm

Hello Ritu and Anushree

Once these sweets are made and happen to have a problem, it is very difficult to rectify them. I don’t know how to sort either of your problems. Best to enjoy as they are and follow the recipe, whichever recipe you choose to follow, exactly next time.

Mamta

AK, on 13/11/2020 05:02pm

HI,

My bessan laddoo wee perfect in shape but tastes raw and chewy. How can I fix it? Is it okay if I roast extra besan in ghee and add crushed those raw laadoos in it.

Mamta, on 15/11/2020 06:57am

Hello AK

This is probably the most common problem people have in early days; not fry besan long enough before proceeding further. The problem is that once sugar has been added, it is not possible to fry it any more. If you do, the sugar melts and becomes chewy.

Adding more of properly fried besan may be like throwing good money after the bad, I would personally put it down to experience and fry the besan adequately next time.

Mamta

Page: 1 2 3 4

You may reply to this thread.

Content copyright ©2001-2024 Mamta Gupta and F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Layout and design ©2001-2024 F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Hosted on Mythic Beasts
All comments and queries to webmaster@mamtaskitchen.com