Mamta's Kitchen

Forum Thread - Garlic and mint Chutney

You may also reply to this thread.

Page: 1

Please help, I have just "made" the Garlic and Mint Chutney, but it tastes far too Lemony.

I followed the recipe, as much as I could, (ingrediants permitting), but it is quite tart!

Many thanks, Louie.

Mamta, on 28/9/2005 05:36pm

Hello Louie

Lemons vary in size and it is difficult to say how juicy they will be. That is why I have written 'adjust to taste'. I hope it was not wasted? If still left uneaten, add a bit more mint leaves and garlic and blitz again. I am sure it will be fine.

Love

Mamta

Rehana, on 26/7/2006 08:48am

Hello Mamta

I made this chutney using fresh garlic and mint from my garden, lovely indeed! Thanks for the recipe.

Rehana

AskCy, on 28/7/2006 07:16pm

another thing to remember (which comes under adjust to taste).. suppose you eat a lot of lemon, on salads, in drinks, added to curry, squeezed on fish etc...

you become used to its taste and might require more of it in a dish to get the same affect as someone who hardly ever uses lemon...and vice-versa (if you don't use lemon a lot, you might find a recipe is a little too much for your taste)

Page: 1

You may reply to this thread.

Content copyright ©2001-2024 Mamta Gupta and F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Layout and design ©2001-2024 F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Hosted on Mythic Beasts
All comments and queries to webmaster@mamtaskitchen.com