Mamta's Kitchen

Forum Thread - One Million Visitors!

You may also reply to this thread.

Page: 1

Eagle eyed regulars may have noticed that our hit counter on the home page is very close to recording 1 million visits to Mamta's Kitchen since the website's creation in May 2001. We hope you'll join us in a toast to all the wonderful meals that have been cooked up around the world using Mamta's Kitchen recipes and help us reach the next million hits.

Enjoy the site and maybe share some of your thoughts and stories about your experiences of the site - have you cooked any special meals using our recipes for example?

Pebs, on 18/11/2006 07:53am

Vow! You all must be so proud! I use your recipes regularly, have been for last 2 years. They always come good. Enjoy your success.

Pebs

AskCy, on 20/11/2006 07:37pm

Wow, not noticed that but I've not been near the computer for a week as I (and all the family) came down with some rather unpleasant bug (you don't want details, but we're all much better now)

1 million visits for a family cookbook, now thats some family !

Mamta, on 21/11/2006 01:05pm

Thanks Steven.

Hope you are all better soon.

We will be crossing one million hits tomorrow, a landmark in our history. We have actually passed the one million mark today, but it won’t show on the counter until tomorrow.

I wouldn't have had the site unless Kavey and Pete had set it up for me, so thanks to them both. Also, thanks to all the visitors, without whom there will be no site!

Take care, all of you!

Mamta

Ganders, on 21/11/2006 05:51pm

Not entirely true, but we have now crossed the one million line!!!

Kavey, on 21/11/2006 08:01pm

Steve, glad you're feeling better and thanks again for your participation and support!

WELL DONE, ma!

AskCy, on 21/11/2006 09:58pm

should we put some decorations and balloons up?.. LOL

What a fantastic day... well done to everyone

Steve

Mamta, on 22/11/2006 08:04am

Hello Pete

It is true that the site would not have been here and so successful without constant hard work from you two. I mean it!

I am now waiting to start my digital photograph manipulation course in January and then for you to show me how to put pictures on the site. I have many, many folders waiting! Once I get started, I am sure many visitors will send their pictures too!

Love

ma

J. Patnayak, on 22/11/2006 01:34pm

Congratulations and well done!

Jaya

DPblog, on 22/11/2006 02:29pm

Yes, well done! You all must be chuffed! I must be responsible for at least 500 of these ;-)!

DP

syedz, on 22/11/2006 09:37pm

Well deserved congratulations.

But I am not surprised.

It has a vast range of recipes, from folk recipes

to recipes fit for a royal spread and the personal touch

makes it really special.

AskCy, on 23/11/2006 04:07pm

Besides the fantastic recipes (and I don't throw complements out lightly) that are on this site (I was shocked when I first tried some, thinking I already knew it all) one of the main things that keeps me here is being able to ask anything and get answers. No one minds how basic a question is (and I've asked a few) it will always get a reply (even if no one is sure, people will offer ideas and often go away and check elsewhere)... you can't beat that level of help ... Topping it all this site is mainly based with Indian cooking/cuisine but no one minds sharing recipes/tips and ideas about any sort of food from the four corners (does the Globe really have 4 corners being a sort spherical shape ? ) of the world! Its like being part of a giant loving family....

Steve

Phil, on 30/11/2006 01:04am

It's a lovely site, which I've referred several people to.

And the atmosphere is very friendly.

I agree with Steven that there's a nice spirit of tolerance on this site, an absence of culinary arrogance.

Re Steven's point about World Cooking: it was here that I learned to cook traditional French Coq au Vin!

Phil

Mamta, on 30/11/2006 06:55am

Thank you for your kind comments, all of you.

I am sure Ian will be please to hear about your the Coq au Vin comment Phil! He worked very hard to write and rewrite the recipe several times, until it was just perfect.

Mamta

Page: 1

You may reply to this thread.

Content copyright ©2001-2024 Mamta Gupta and F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Layout and design ©2001-2024 F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Hosted on Mythic Beasts
All comments and queries to webmaster@mamtaskitchen.com