Mamta's Kitchen

Forum Thread - Sont ka Paanee

You may also reply to this thread.

Page: 1

My wife used to make sont ka paanee for gol guppays. (We used to call them paanee kay bataashay.)Can someone please give me the recipe for my daughter?

Thanks in advance.

Mamta, on 15/10/2006 12:35pm

See here Sayedz http://www.mamtaskitchen.com/recipe_display.php?id=10068

Mamta

syedz, on 22/10/2006 04:02am

Thank you, dear lady, this is exactly what I needed and after surfing the web for hours and hours this is the only place where I could find it. My daughter is very grateful to you.BTW, Abha Gupta's description of chaat wallas took me way back down the memory lane when after finishing college we used to stop at the chaat walla's on the corner and tried to outdo one another in the number of gol gappas that we could eat. And he was a generous man, seldom kept the full count of what we ate.

I could perhaps ask your advice on one point. I have two varieties of jeera, black and white. Are there any guidelines with regard to their respective uses or they can be used interchangeably?

Mamta, on 22/10/2006 08:24am

Hello Syedz

I remember those days well too, though in our case chaat was mostly home made, my parents used to be too worried about the chat Walla’s food hygiene! Although I did not live in Lucknow, there used to be very good one in Ameenabad market, people used to wait for him to turn up in the evening with his ‘khomcha’. Unlike our parents, we never worried about tummy upsets! Those were the days :-).

I hope your chaat turns out well. This link will take you to all the Chat dishes that I have on this site.

Mamta

Meenakshi, on 22/10/2006 10:51am

Just saw the Chat selection. It will keep me busy for a while! Thank you.

Meena

syedz, on 10/11/2006 07:03pm

I was pleasantly surprised to find that at leaset one search engine, ixquick metasearh, has picked "sont ka pananee" in Mamta's Kitchen so any one looking for it would not be left high and dry but there is a typographical error which would stop them from finding out.

Is it possible to correct "pananee" to "paanee".

Kavey, on 11/11/2006 09:20am

Syedz

Mamta's daughter here... I have checked the recipe and can't see where it says "pananee" so I can't correct it - can you let me know? Thanks and welcome to Mamta's Kitchen!

syedz, on 11/11/2006 11:07pm

Thanks. There is no mistake in the recipe. It is perfectly fine.

The typographical error is mine. It is in the subjectline

of my first post "Sont ka pananee". It should have been

"Sont ka paanee". And this is what I was hoping would be

corrected, that is, "pananee" in the subject line of my

post of 15/10/2006 would be changed to "Paanee".

I am sorry for the inconvenience that a slip of my finger

and perhaps a little absent mindedness has caused.

kavey, on 12/11/2006 09:26am

No problem, I'll ask my husband to correct it - he can go into the underlying database and change it...

And don't worry at all - I am the queen of typos!

Page: 1

You may reply to this thread.

Content copyright ©2001-2024 Mamta Gupta and F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Layout and design ©2001-2024 F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Hosted on Mythic Beasts
All comments and queries to webmaster@mamtaskitchen.com