Mamta's Kitchen

Forum Thread - Storing Fresh Coriander

You may also reply to this thread.

Page: 1

Hi,

What is the best method for storing fresh coriander? I normally pick up bunches from local Indian shops but I always find they don't keep very well. I have tried keeping in a pot of water and in the fridge but always end up throwing out more than I use!

Thank, Bhavna

Parul, on 12/10/2006 12:12am

This might be of help; http://www.mamtaskitchen.com/board/showthread.php?thread_id=145

Parul

AskCy, on 13/10/2006 08:53pm

Since trying to keep cut corriander fresh I've started to grow my own and found its just as hard to keep that going..

Phil, on 18/10/2006 04:18pm

We also store it in water in the fridge, and it's true that it doesn't last that long. Madhur Jaffrey says wrap it in newspaper and keep it in the fridge.

Phil

Bhavna, on 18/10/2006 09:19pm

Thanks very much for all your tips. I'm sticking to the newspaper and placing it in a plastic bag in the fridge as my mum does.

I guess I'll just have to do a lot more cooking to make sure I use more than I throw away in future!!!

Page: 1

You may reply to this thread.

Content copyright ©2001-2024 Mamta Gupta and F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Layout and design ©2001-2024 F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Hosted on Mythic Beasts
All comments and queries to webmaster@mamtaskitchen.com