Mamta's Kitchen

Forum Thread - Coconut milk

You may also reply to this thread.

Page: 1

what is coconut milk. how is it used in cooking. is it available in shops. if required, what is the recipe to prepare it.

Mamta, on 5/10/2006 11:17pm

For making coconut milk, see http://www.coconut-connections.com/coconut_milk.htm

It is easier to buy ready made one that comes in tins.

AskCy, on 9/10/2006 11:23pm

You can make it yourself from fresh coconuts but it takes more work than you would imagine....

It can be bought in block form and then let down with water.. comes in cartons, tins, cans... I personally use a Chinese branded Tin of "Low Fat" coconut milk (available in my local supermarket...pats the change in his pocket)

Mamta, on 9/10/2006 11:34pm

So where have you been Steven? We have missed you here.

:-) Mamta

AskCy, on 9/10/2006 11:39pm

See the thread I've just posted on Duram Wheat :-) I've been holidaying in Cyprus..

Phil, on 29/10/2006 06:30am

In Cyprus, did you find those waxed flakes of Turkish paprika called 'pul biber' in Turkish? Maybe not: you were probably in Greek Cyprus.

Phil

AskCy, on 30/10/2006 08:25pm

Indeed Phil I was in Greek Cyprus, so I didn't spot any...

however I've found a "Turkish" shop in the next town now I'm back home (I was in there searching for duram wheat and ended up with Turkish coffee as well..) might take a look next time I'm that way out..

Phil, on 6/11/2006 12:08am

Well, keep me posted, Steven: we're always on the look-out for pul biber, which we haven't got a hold of since we were last in Brussels. And we're rarely in the Cypriot community in London.

That pul biber is really special!

Phil

Page: 1

You may reply to this thread.

Content copyright ©2001-2024 Mamta Gupta and F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Layout and design ©2001-2024 F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Hosted on Mythic Beasts
All comments and queries to webmaster@mamtaskitchen.com