Mamta's Kitchen

Forum Thread - Whipped cream okay for cooking?

You may also reply to this thread.

Page: 1

03/10/06,

Hi Mamta,

Your site is wonderful, what does thick cream mean. Here I get whipping cream and thick cream (nestle cans). Please advise.

Regards,

Clara

Mamta, on 4/10/2006 06:53am

03, 2006 3:22 PM

Hello Clara

Nestles cream should be okay. I am not sure if your whipping cream is from milk or vegan? I have not added it to curries, so I am not sure if it will work when heated.

I say thick/double cream, because single or thin cream often curdles/splits during cooking. Here in UK. we get single cream, double cream, whipping cream, sour cream and some non animal fat creams!

This question should be on the forum, other experienced cooks/visitors there may help you out further. There is no need for registration to use Forum on this site :-)!

Mamta

Clara, on 4/10/2006 06:55am

Hi Mamta,

Thanks for your prompt answer to my query. Yes please go ahead and post it for me, it will surely be of help to me and others like me. I will try Nestle thick cream then. I do use it for butter chicken and its alright. Well I wanted to try kulfi and badam burfi. This whipping cream and non-dairy cream I am talking about is in liquid form when whipped forms peaks and can be piped on deserts. We also get dream-whip packs.

God bless you.

Regards,

Clara

Kuwait

Mamta, on 4/10/2006 07:02am

Clara

If you have added your cream to Butter chicken, it should be okay for other cooking. Only one way to find out ;-)!

You can make all sorts of burfies using tinned condensed milk, which you must get in Kuwait. They are very quick to make, much quicker than cream,and very nice. I have only written recipe for coconut burfi (using condensed milk tin) so far, see; Burfi Squares, Coconut and Condensed Milk , but the principle is the same.

Mamta

Page: 1

You may reply to this thread.

Content copyright ©2001-2024 Mamta Gupta and F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Layout and design ©2001-2024 F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Hosted on Mythic Beasts
All comments and queries to webmaster@mamtaskitchen.com