Mamta's Kitchen

Forum Thread - Chicken Dish

You may also reply to this thread.

Page: 1

Hello Mamta,

Long time no see!!

I have been invited to join a cookery club and will need to cook a chicken dish to go with rice for Friday. There are 10 others who will also be cooking or bringing wine and three of them will be cooking a vegetable, fish and beef dish for the main course, not necessarily Indian but Thaise or Indonesian so can you suggest something for me to make that's very tasty and not too much work please [also very imppressive ;-)]

Thanks

Chezzie

Mamta, on 3/10/2006 12:27am

Hello Chezzie

Nice to see you again :-)!

This one is a favourite of both my daughters;Chicken Curry, Mum's

This one is easier and quite tasty;Chicken Curry with Cinnamon

This one is easy too. You marinate it at home. Take it to your friends and cook in her oven. It will be specialy nice if others are cooking other curries. It can even be used as a starter, served with some salad;Tandoori Chicken

Mamta

Mamta, on 3/10/2006 12:29am

Oops! Let me try the last one again; Tandoori Chicken

Chezzie, on 3/10/2006 08:11am

Thank you Mamta, I'm in a rush now but as soon as I get home I'll have a look, Gill the Painter suggested your Tandoori chicken too with naan.

Gill the Painter, on 3/10/2006 08:43am

Morning.

I was very impressed with myself when I made the naan bread, plain. Don't tell anyone how simple it is, will you? It's so impressive when you pop it in the oven.

I do like the sound of the two recipes you have there. I have printed them out.

I made a Keith Floyd recipe with heaps of cinnamon once, he was a guest on Saturday Kitchen yonk ago, and the flavour is incredible when cooked down. A complete surprise.

Gill.

Gill the Painter, on 3/10/2006 08:50am

And I've printed out this tandoori chicken recipe. I made the whole chicken recipe last time.

Kavey, on 3/10/2006 09:55am

I love the tandoori chicken recipe! It's so easy and sooooo tasty! YUM!

Chezzie, on 3/10/2006 04:19pm

I love the look of Mum's chicken curry so I'll cook that for Jay when I have the time. I've chosen the Tandoori because I can prepare it Thursday evening ready for Friday, I would have liked to have had more time to plan, cook and shop but it's a very busy week. Thanks very much, I'll let you know how it goes!

Kavey, on 3/10/2006 04:26pm

Chezzie you can do either the night before - the tandoori because it's good to marinade it overnight anyway and then cook just before serving - the chicken curry because it's just as good if not better when reheated the day after cooking!

Chezzie, on 6/10/2006 01:42pm

Hi Mamta and family...

The Tandoori is cooking now, it was really simple to make thank you! If I boil up the marinade will it be good as a sauce? I made it with coconut and it smells delicious.

Mamta, on 6/10/2006 02:36pm

No need to boil it up Chezzie, just add a bit of flour, like you would do in a normal gravy and give it a cook boil. Actually, I should add thsi to the recipe, shouldn't I?

Mamta

Chezzie, on 6/10/2006 02:53pm

Thanks Mamta I'm just having a look at raita to serve with it.

Mamta, on 6/10/2006 02:54pm

Hello Chezzie

If it looks good, take a good picture and send it to me via the contact link. I keep forgetting to take on!

Thanks

Mamta

Annabelle, on 7/10/2006 10:30am

For Gill the Painter:

You can make naas on a griddle too. I don't have an oven but I can make very good naans this way. I saw this in Mamta's naan recipe and got very excited! I could make naans without an oven or tandoor, vow! It works!

Yes, chicken cinnamon curry is very easy to make and tasty, we eat it with fresh naans.

AskCy, on 9/10/2006 11:20pm

I make naans in a heavy bottomed frying pan with no oil in.. I find it works better than my griddle pan as it leaves more surface area in contact with the pan...

Steve

Chezzie, on 11/10/2006 08:32pm

Hi Mamta,

Would you believe I forgot my camera? I take photos of everything I cook [Jay wants me to make a cookery book for him. ;-)] but just when I needed it I didn't have it with me, never mind, I'm under orders to cook it for Jay because he came home as I was leaving and said the house smelled wonderful.

I overdid it a bit on the chilli and black pepper, it was fine for the chicken but the sauce was a bit sharp so I added a pot of cream and a little cornflour and it was perfect, everybody loved it and had at least two pieces, the hostess was trying to give all the left-overs away but said she'd keep the last two pieces of chicken the sauce and raita so I took that as a compliment. Thanks for your advice and I'll send you a photo next week when I get back from England.

Chezzie

Kavey, on 11/10/2006 09:30pm

So pleased to hear it went well!

Page: 1

You may reply to this thread.

Content copyright ©2001-2024 Mamta Gupta and F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Layout and design ©2001-2024 F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Hosted on Mythic Beasts
All comments and queries to webmaster@mamtaskitchen.com