Mamta's Kitchen

Forum Thread - Problem pls help

You may also reply to this thread.

Page: 1

mamta, i prepared fruit custard today for some guests. somehow the pan i used was of thin base and it got burnt. i immdediately transferred it to another bowl but the custard has got bitter taste and smell of burn.

can i do something to make it taste good?

pls help

sneha

Mamta, on 27/9/2006 11:25am

No, unfortunately not. There is nothing more horrible than burnt milk, yuk! Only good thing you can do with it is to throw it away. If you try to add things to recover it, you will be throwing good ingredients after the bad! We have all done it during our learnig curves, so don't feel too bad about it. Now, you will never forget it :-).

By the way, same applies to when you are making kheer/rabri/kulfi etc. You have to use a heavy bottomed pan (pressure cooker without the lid is generally good for this purpose), stir frequently and you will be fine.

Mamta

Sneha, on 27/9/2006 03:16pm

have no other option but to throw it away :(

searched ur recipes but could not find this-

while making custard, is it required to keep boiling milk until it becomes thick. i have noticed that some people make custard more yellowish in color. mine is always dull yellow. do they add some sort of color in addition to custard powder?

Mamta, on 27/9/2006 08:48pm

See

Custard 1

Custard 2

Hades -H-, on 15/10/2006 01:13am

sometimes the colour of the custard is artificial but mostly the yellow colour depends on the colour of your egg yolks and the colour of the cream.

We have our own chickens and always get a deep golden yolk from an organic feed but try to find organic corn fed hen eggs as the corn feed imparts a lovely colour.

nyinyimoe@gmail., on 24/10/2006 10:53am

deae sir

I used internet cyber cafe so u reply my email ...nyinyimoe@gmail.com

I HAVE MAKING KULFI SO COARSE /ICY TEXTURE .

NEXT QUESTION HOW TO MAKE I USED 100 LITER OF MIKE TO PRODUCE KULFI

NOT USED BREAD .NOT USED FRUIT .

I USED ONLY MILK PRODUCT And Corn STARCH

PLASE TELL ME PRESERVATIVE OF KULFI

nyinyimoe@gmail., on 24/10/2006 10:53am

deae sir

I used internet cyber cafe so u reply my email ...nyinyimoe@gmail.com

I HAVE MAKING KULFI SO COARSE /ICY TEXTURE .

NEXT QUESTION HOW TO MAKE I USED 100 LITER OF MIKE TO PRODUCE KULFI

NOT USED BREAD .NOT USED FRUIT .

I USED ONLY MILK PRODUCT And Corn STARCH

PLASE TELL ME PRESERVATIVE OF KULFI

Mamta, on 24/10/2006 12:46pm

Kulfi is traditionally frozen in a mix of salt and ice (at low temperature of -20° C) and churned using hand paddles. This temperature is difficult to reach in normal home freezer. The only way to duplicate it is by making it in an ice-cream maker. The other thing is that Kulfi is eaten when it is slightly melting on the outside/edges. You can get a pretty good result if you take it out for 15-20 minutes (depending on outside temperature), allowing it to soften a little, before serving. Corn starch or arrowroot help to thicken it a bit. Some people add whisked double/thick cream. I have tried all. In a home freezer, and allow it to thaw a little bit. You can beat it half way through, to trap some air, but I can never remember to do it!

I never use preservatives in Kulfi.

Hope this helps.

Mamta

Page: 1

You may reply to this thread.

Content copyright ©2001-2024 Mamta Gupta and F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Layout and design ©2001-2024 F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Hosted on Mythic Beasts
All comments and queries to webmaster@mamtaskitchen.com