Mamta's Kitchen

Forum Thread - Window ledge Lemon Pickle

You may also reply to this thread.

Page: 1

Hi Mamta, how are you ?? Can you offer some advice please? I have 6 lemons that have been zested and juiced. Would like to make LP with the hulls that are left. Do you think it will work? Maybe adding some extra lemon juice to start the process off? What do you think

Zosh

Mamta, on 18/8/2021 08:52pm

Hello Zosh

It will definitely work. My late father used to do this all the time when I was growing up in India. He would have a jar on a windowsill or in our courtyard almost permanently. Every time anyone squeezed a lemon, and we went through a lot making lemon drinks and dressings etc., the skin would go in the jar, along with a sprinkle of rock salt. Eventually the jar would fill up and he would leave it to 'ripen' for a few months.

So go for it and start your lemon pickle. If you use few lemons, make it in a small jar, so it fills up fast.

Mamta

Martin, on 28/8/2021 07:37pm

If you want to 'up' the lemon side you can buy Lemon Salt instead of ordinary salt. Just an idea!

Page: 1

You may reply to this thread.

Content copyright ©2001-2024 Mamta Gupta and F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Layout and design ©2001-2024 F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Hosted on Mythic Beasts
All comments and queries to webmaster@mamtaskitchen.com