Mamta's Kitchen

Forum Thread - Curry leaf plant

You may also reply to this thread.

Page: 1

My curry leaf plant is getting black at the top even though I added fresh soil in March. It started growing a litte on the top and stopped and now it's getting black at the top after I added fresh soil. What am I to do now? Please help help ?

Mamta, on 3/4/2021 08:03am

I am no plant expert, but I would prune off a couple of inches just above a bud. Then look after it by watering NOT too often. They don't like to be sitting in wet soil. Hopefully you will get a couple of new branches develop.

Mamta

How To Grow Curry Leaf Tree In UK And How to Store Its Leaves?

Gunjita Singh, on 5/4/2021 06:09pm

Hello,

Is it possible for me to get some seeds of curry leaf?

Cheers,

Gunjita

Mamta, on 6/4/2021 06:56am

You may find some seeds on line but in my experience they hardly ever germinate. Much better to grow from cuttings from someone.

Mamta

Naureen, on 11/4/2021 01:54am

Hi,

Is it ok to keep the curry plant indoors throughout winter? I’m in melbourne and we are approaching winter. Also my curry plant has grown really tall in spring and summer. Can I cut it at the stem? Will it kill the plant if I do that? Also how often do we need to repot it in a bigger pot? Thanks so much.

Mamta, on 12/4/2021 07:30am

Hello Maureen

Yes, you can keep your plant indoor in in winter. Here in UK,,mine live indoor all the time.

Yes, you can cut/prune your plants. Save the leaves, they freeze well. Use the cut stem as any other cutting and pot it in potting compost.

I only repot mine when it begins to look pot bound.

See here:

How To Grow Curry Leaf Tree In UK And How to Store Its Leaves?

Mamta

Anuja, on 4/7/2021 06:04pm

Hi, thank you for all the information, but I just can’t seem to find a cutting. I live in Chichester and don’t know anyone around that has any information. If anyone here knows any seller, please please let me know. Thank you!

Aspiring Cook, on 15/7/2021 10:07pm

I have a nice curry tree, but it got a bad scale infestation. I removed the scales by hand along with the affected leaves and now it has lots of new growth but the new leaves stay small and curled. I notice that it has a new infestation of scale and wonder what is the best way to treat it—I don’t want to use anything toxic since I want to use the leaves for cooking. Can anyone suggest anything that might help?

Thanks in advance!

, on 17/7/2021 07:39am

I use fairy liquid, or any other washing up liquid, diluted in water.

Take any empty and well washed 1/2 litre spraying bottle (I always save spray-cleaning product bottles and wash them extremely well).

Add a few drops of washing up liquid and fill with tap water.

Place your plant in the kitchen sink or on a waterproof sheet.

Spray the solution on the leaves drenching them well.

Chances are that you will get rid of your infestation after one treatment because they will be unable to breath.

I used it on my garden plants too, instead of other strong chemicals.

Sometimes leaves will fall. Do not worry, they will come again, as long as the main stem is not dead.

Mamta

Aspiring Cook, on 17/7/2021 08:19am

Thank you so much, Mamta!

Hope you are doing well!

Mamta, on 18/7/2021 04:01pm

Thank you, yes I am as well can be expected at my age and in this heat!

Mamta

Page: 1

You may reply to this thread.

Content copyright ©2001-2024 Mamta Gupta and F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Layout and design ©2001-2024 F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Hosted on Mythic Beasts
All comments and queries to webmaster@mamtaskitchen.com