Mamta's Kitchen

Forum Thread - Lamb curry made with pre fried onions in a pressure cooker

You may also reply to this thread.

Page: 1

Hi Mamta, made this the other day and have to say just how much I enjoyed it.

My question is I want to make a bigger batch say using a kilo of meat instead of 500gms, do I just double everything else up?

TC

Mamta, on 17/8/2019 06:38pm

Hello TC

In theory, you should doubke, like you would for a cake. In practice, if you double the amount of say meat, you would need less than double generally, say 1 and 3/4. But it tastes fine with double the sauce too.

I do most of my cooking in every day life without measuring. So if I am adding water to the sauce of double the amount of meat, I would add a bit at a time, go by how it looks.

For adding chillies, I always add less than the recipe says, because you can always add more, but can't take them out.

Hope this helps.

(unknown), on 17/8/2019 08:57pm

Thankyou Mamta, that's what I thought, Using your recipe produces a lovely curry hence I want to make double next time.

Mamta, on 18/8/2019 09:21am

I often make double or triple or quadruple curry sauce and freeze it in jam jars. Then take one out and make fresh curry.

Page: 1

You may reply to this thread.

Content copyright ©2001-2024 Mamta Gupta and F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Layout and design ©2001-2024 F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Hosted on Mythic Beasts
All comments and queries to webmaster@mamtaskitchen.com