Mamta's Kitchen

Forum Thread - Keeping fried samosas crisp and hot at time of party somewhere else

You may also reply to this thread.

Page: 1

Hello Maam,

I wanted to make few meat samosa from tortilla on Friday and they will be only served in the noon for a potluck party. I wanted to take them and heat them there but thing is only microwaves available there. So can you suggest soon what to do keep them crisp and light

Thanks

Mamta, on 10/4/2018 10:06pm

Hello Anju

Microwave oven is no good for reheating samosas, if you want them to remain crisp. They will become leathery as they cool. Personally I would prefer crisp samosas at room temperature to leathery, hot ones.

Fry them before you go and keep them in an open/ cardboard type of box, lined with kitchen paper. If they are open, there will be no condensation of steam on them, as there will be if they are in a closed box. They will cool slowly, remaining crisp.

Mamta

Page: 1

You may reply to this thread.

Content copyright ©2001-2024 Mamta Gupta and F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Layout and design ©2001-2024 F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Hosted on Mythic Beasts
All comments and queries to webmaster@mamtaskitchen.com