Mamta's Kitchen

Forum Thread - Bombay Chicken Curry

You may also reply to this thread.

Page: 1

In your Bombay Chicken Curry recipe, you pose a question viz. 6. Add remaining sliced tomatoes and sliced hard boiled eggs and stir. Are the eggs supposed to be broken up and mixed with the gravy? Would love to know the answer please or is it just a matter of preference? Many thanks and a happy new year to you all.

Mamta, on 27/12/2005 01:26pm

Well spotted Mike! As you can see, the recipe is not mine, it comes from a friend. When I receive a recipe, I sometimes ask questions, to make sure that I understand the recipe myself, before I post it on the site. Obviously, that particular question slipped in the final version, I should have deleted it!

In answer to your question, when the eggs are sliced and mixed, the yellows will inevitably break up a little and get mixed with the curry. But no attempt is made to specifically break them up and mix with the gravy. I will ask John Scott again, to be sure.

Mamta

Mamta, on 28/12/2005 07:26pm

Hello Mike

Given below is the reply from the recipe's author:

"I do not break up the egg in the curry. I simply add 1 sliced hard boiled egg per portion once the portion has been placed on the rice. You can then simply cover the egg with the curry sauce. Actually if you miss out the chicken you can simply add sliced hard boiled eggs to the sauce to give a delicious egg curry as a side dish."

Mamta

MikeH, on 29/12/2005 05:36pm

Many thanks. You have never let me down yet.XXX

Page: 1

You may reply to this thread.

Content copyright ©2001-2024 Mamta Gupta and F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Layout and design ©2001-2024 F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Hosted on Mythic Beasts
All comments and queries to webmaster@mamtaskitchen.com