Mamta's Kitchen

Forum Thread - Fish from Indian Ocean

You may also reply to this thread.

Page: 1

I have just bought a 2 kg. fish from a local Bangladeshi grocer shop. It is a type of carp, Labeo calbasu. Their freezers were full of so many lovely looking fish varieties and very reasonably priced. Bangladeshis are mainly fish eaters. It is frozen, but looks quite good. I have to admit that because there are so many Indian and Pakistani shops around here to choose from, I had never looked in their freezers before, until a friend told me to. If you have a local shop that is run by Bangladeshis, take a look next time you go shopping.

I am planning to cook it whole, probably just marinated and then oven cooked. Any new recipe ideas that I don't already have on this site?

Mamta

Angela, on 6/1/2006 01:21pm

Hello Mamta and family

I love your site.

I also love fish! I will check out our local 'Indian' grocer on my next visit. I am sure he said he is from Sylhet, which is in Bangladesh, isn't it?

Angela

Page: 1

You may reply to this thread.

Content copyright ©2001-2024 Mamta Gupta and F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Layout and design ©2001-2024 F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Hosted on Mythic Beasts
All comments and queries to webmaster@mamtaskitchen.com