Mamta's Kitchen

Forum Thread - Merry Christmas!

You may also reply to this thread.

Page: 1

Merry Christmas and a very big thank to all our visitors for their support!

Lots of love to all of you.

Mamta

Carol, on 22/12/2006 10:02am

A very happy Christmas to you all too, and a very happy New Year!

This is a good site, keep it up!

Carol

Kyle, on 23/12/2006 07:45am

Happy Christmas to all of you.

K

AskCy, on 23/12/2006 12:34pm

Thankyou and a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all.

Speaking of Christmas, now its almost as much of a tradition to have (leftover) Turkey Curry on Boxing Day/day after, as it is to have the Roast on Christmas Day, is there a good recipe for cooked leftover Turkey ??

Mamta, on 23/12/2006 02:53pm

Hi Steven

We used to get turkey curry for boxing day at the various hospitals where we worked. This was in my youth. Couldn't stand the stuff, so have never tried to make it. But there is no reason why chicken curry recipe shouldn't work. You could also do a quick stir-fry with tandotti spices/marinade.

Have a great Christmas!

mamta

Shaan, on 24/12/2006 01:02am

Thank you for a great website mamta and Co., we love it and use it regularly.

Have a great Christmas everybody!

Love

Shaan

Phil, on 24/12/2006 04:55pm

Merry Christmas Mamta!

And Happy Indian cooking to everyone in 2007!

Love

Phil

AskCy, on 24/12/2006 08:44pm

Turkeys cooked... just need to get the Christmas dinner over with so I can sort the curry now... LOL

This year will be a bit odd.. normally I make a mild creamy turkey curry to be taken to my parents house for the Boxing day party - and my brother makes a more firery one for those that like a good spicey curry... but this year the party is cancelled/delayed due to my younger brothers wedding on the 27th... so no curry needed..(and it won't last for a week to the planned replacement party)...

Dilip, on 25/12/2006 05:29am

wishing you and your families a great xmas and a fab new year...have fun everyone

kennyliza, on 25/12/2006 09:50am

How refreshing to see that Christmas hasn't been "cancelled" at mamta's kitchen website. I'm not Christian myself, but I object vehemently to the lack of respect shown to the traditions of the country we live in. We must all be proud of where we live and it is lovely that all cultures can join together on this website at least, to wish each other..

A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!

from Liza

Mamta, on 27/12/2006 04:16pm

Thank you all for your good wishes to each other.

Liza, I couldn't agree with you more. This is a new and rather sad trend in UK to cancel Christmas in some places or to call it by silly, alternative names, to supposedly apease a few bigots, in case they might get 'upset'!! It shows more the stupidity of such officials that deem it necessary, rather than the feelings of non-Christians.

Like you, I too am not a Christian but we have celebrated Christmas in our house for the last 38 years that we have lived here in UK. My non-Hindu friends have always joined in our Diwali/other festivals. That is how it should be.

We have just returned from Marrakech, where majority of people are Muslims. We saw that many non-Christian restaurants had a christmas tree, and why not? In India, people send cards to each other and enjoy Christmas, as well as hold New Year celebrations, along with celebrating all the other Hindu/Muslim/Christian/Budhist/Zorashtirian and other festivals.

Peace to all I say. Life is too short to fight over religion and race :-)!

Love to everyone.

Mamta

Phil, on 29/12/2006 11:44am

We got back recently from a four-month stay in Texas, where we noticed many shops with signs saying 'Happy Holidays', rather then 'Merry Christmas'. I wonder whether that too was some kind of political correctness.

For me, Christmas is about food, wine, log fires, friends and family. For others, it has religious significance, for obvious reasons. It seems to me that Christmas can mean what you want it to mean. But I take the point that it's of Christian origin, and it's silly to pretend otherwise. One of the nice things about this website is that all sorts of religious holidays are announced. I like the pluralism of that approach.

We celebrated Greek Esater this year with some orthodox Greeks (what a feast: a whole goat on a spit!). It's really not very difficult to tolerate different religious faiths: I'm an atheist, but it really wasn't a strain to greet people with 'Christ is Risen' in Greek. And sharing the enjoyment of food with other people makes it even easier, I find.

Phil

Mamta, on 29/12/2006 11:49am

Hello Phil

I am glad you had a nice holiday/break.

You are quite right of course. I don't have to be a English to say hello and you don't have to be an Indian to say Namaste. I feel exactly the same way about other's traditions and celebrations. I don't like the approach, 'my religion/beliefs/faith/customs are better than yours!

Peace be on earth, dare we wish, in the next year :-)!

Mamta

AskCy, on 5/1/2007 07:44pm

Made a Turkey Bhuna curry for the delayed party (using the lamb bhuna recipe from this site, just kept the chilli to a minimum so everyone could eat it).. and EVERYONE loved it..Thats another winner from the site...

Thanks Steve

Mamta, on 18/1/2007 10:43pm

That is a great feedback Steven. If you remind me, I will post it as a recipe on the website when I return :-)!

Mamta

Page: 1

You may reply to this thread.

Content copyright ©2001-2024 Mamta Gupta and F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Layout and design ©2001-2024 F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Hosted on Mythic Beasts
All comments and queries to webmaster@mamtaskitchen.com