Mamta's Kitchen

Forum Thread - Chicken Tikka Masala

You may also reply to this thread.

Page: 1

Hello

First Off, let me say what a great website you have. I have tried many of your recipes and got some great results.

I found a recipe for a chicken tikka masala, but i wasnt quite sure whether the amounts of the spices were real. I am used to dealing with a maximum of, say, two tablespoons.

Here is the recipe for 4-6 servings -

Chicken Tikka

1 ½ pounds boneless chicken chunks

* 1 ounce ginger paste

* 1 ounce garlic paste

* ½ ounce red chili powder

* ½ ounce lemon juice

* 2 ounces hung curd

* Salt, to taste

* ½ ounce garam masala

* ½ ounce oil

Onion Masala

1 pound onions

* 2 ounces cashews

* 4 whole cloves

* 6 green cardamom pods

* 2-inches cinnamon stick

* ½ ounce cumin seeds

* ½ ounce coriander powder

* ½ ounce turmeric powder

* Salt, to taste

* 1 ounce oil

Tomato Sauce

2 pounds fresh tomato purée

* 4 whole cloves

* 6 green cardamom pods

* 2-inches cinnamon stick

* 2 pieces mace

* 8 green chilis

* 4 large cardamom

* ½ ounce ginger

* 1 ounce garlic

* 2 ounces butter

* ½ ounce dried fenugreek leaves

* 1 ounce oil

* ½ ounce garlic, chopped

* ½ ounce cumin

* ½ garam masala

* ½ ounce dried fenugreek leaves

* 2 ounces heavy cream

* 1 ounce coriander, chopped

Method:

For Chicken Tikka:

Marinate chicken chunks in the rest of the ingredients for 2 hours. Preheat oven to 350°F. Half cook 10 minutes.

For Onion Masala:

Roughly chop onions and boil with the rest of the ingredients. Cook until the oil rises to the top and blend to a smooth consistency.

For Tomato Sauce:

Boil all ingredients together until the top is glazed. Blend to a smooth consistency.

To Finish:

Heat oil over medium heat in large sauce pan. Add garlic, sauté until golden, then add tomato sauce, onion masala and chicken tikka. Cook until chicken is fully cooked through, then add spices. Finish with heavy cream and serve garnished with coriander.

I would greatly apprechiate some feedback as i was planning to make this meal sometime for 4 people, but i thought 1/2 of spice was a lot.

The website for the recipe is - http://www.starchefs.com/features/indian_spotlight/html/chicken_tikka_d_prasad.shtml

Thanks in advance

AskCy, on 14/12/2006 08:09pm

Glad you like the site, try looking at Mamta's recipe for Chicken Tikka Masala should help you out.

Steve

Mamta, on 14/12/2006 10:06pm

You have got to be kidding us benhall14!! Not my idea of having fun in the kitchen ;-)! How would one keep track of so many different ingredients for one simple dish? I thought my recipe has long enough list, but this is just too much even for me. I can't really comment on it, never having tried it, but if you try it and it comes out well, do come back and tell us.

best wishes

mamta

Carol, on 22/12/2006 10:04am

Where did you find this recipe benhall14? I wonder if you can taste the chicken after adding all that!

Carol

Page: 1

You may reply to this thread.

Content copyright ©2001-2024 Mamta Gupta and F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Layout and design ©2001-2024 F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Hosted on Mythic Beasts
All comments and queries to webmaster@mamtaskitchen.com