Mamta's Kitchen

Forum Thread - Forum Stretch?

You may also reply to this thread.

Page: 1

Is is just me suffering from scrolling on the forum page or is everyone getting it...

(is it down to the page listing along the top showing 40+pages even though there isn't anything after page 16 ?)

Askcy, on 30/11/2006 08:04pm

just done a quick test on it (stuck a line break in the middle of the list of links to pages) and it removed the scrolling.

So it appears it is the page number links across the top of the forum (1,2,3,4,....38,39,40,41,42 etc )

Steve

Kavey, on 30/11/2006 11:55pm

Thanks Steve, we'll change the line of page numbers to wrap when we release the new code...

Ganders, on 1/12/2006 09:34am

In the meantime, I've tidied up the database somewhat so we no longer believe we have 42 pages of threads!!

AskCy, on 1/12/2006 04:50pm

No probs...

Mamta, on 1/12/2006 05:04pm

It all sounds like Gobble de gook to me :-(!

AskCy, on 1/12/2006 07:46pm

You stick to the cooking as you know that like the back of your hand... I do a bit of cooking and a bit of computer... (something about jack of all trades master of none springs to mind).. where Pete does computer (not saying you can't cook though.. ??? )

lol

Mamta, on 1/12/2006 07:57pm

Pete cooks suore bread, amongst other things ;-)!

AskCy, on 1/12/2006 08:31pm

suore bread?... (I'm guessing that could be a slip of the finger? or is it something I've never heard of ?)

Soda bread ? (I think its origins are in Ireland)

Sour dough bread (again I think its from the good Ol Usa)

or some other bread that I'm going to need the recipe for and will be making soon... .. .

Mamta, on 2/12/2006 08:53am

Super!

Mamta, on 2/12/2006 08:56am

Finger keep slipping! Perhaps I should go back to bed! I meant finger, not fingfer!! And, I meant Pete makes super breads, including nans. he is a good cook, taught me how to make the best roast potatoes :-)!

Mamta

AskCy, on 2/12/2006 12:32pm

Ah that makes more sense... lol

Go on, how do you make your roast potatoes?

(one version of mine)

Par boil the potatoes (something like a Maris Piper) so only just starting to go soft. Poor off the water and allow their own heat to evaporate any left over drops.

Then add about a cup of seasoned flour (plain flour or even self raising - known to use bread flour if nothing else in cupboard). Toss the potatoes around in the flour so they all get a good coating.

In a large (preferably glass) roasting dish pour a few drops of olive oil (I use olive oil rather than anything else out of health preferences, but I'm sure your ok using sunflower oil, duck fat, beef dripping or whatever takes your fancy)

Place the potatoes in the dish (I usually put mine pointed end downwards to make them easier to turn over later) then (from the bottle) pour over a little more olive oil just enough to cover each potato (do it slowly and use less oil so its not filling the dish up). I then sprinkle them with salt and pepper and other spices depending on what they are going with. I get freezed dried parsley which keeps its vibrant green colour so it makes a nicer look to the finished potato. I've also used freshly ground fennel seeds and when with lamb dried mint works well.

Put them in a hot oven and cook to starting to go golden, turn them all over (might want to do a little more sprinkling on this side now) and put back.

Sometimes I turn them a few times, sometimes not (depending on how busy I am).

I find this method always gives you a decent roast potato (and I get to mess... lol )

roasts_uncooked.jpg

Steve

AskCy, on 2/12/2006 12:35pm

well the link didn't work but you can copy and paste it into a browser window to see (oddly I can't find a picture of them cooked as I'm usually putting them out for about 10 people... lol )

poor = pour (oops)

AskCy, on 2/12/2006 12:36pm

Make it easier than copying out etc.

Link to picture

Mamta, on 2/12/2006 01:24pm

After par-boiling and draining potatoes, still in the pan, Pete adds oil and anything else you want to add, like fresh rosemary twigs, slat etc., puts the lid back and gives them a good shake. This makes the surface go a little floury (I don't know the correct word to describe the rough surface). He then roasts them in oil until crisp. They come out really, really crisp. I am not sure if he adds a spoonful of semolina, I think that I might have learnt that from somewhere else!

Pete, please correct me if I have described your recipe incorrectly.

Mamta

AskCy, on 2/12/2006 04:51pm

(I don't know the correct word to describe the rough surface)

er me neither?... roughed up?.. broken?.. knocked about?.. flour'y ?? split ? course? ... bashed ?

Page: 1

You may reply to this thread.

Content copyright ©2001-2024 Mamta Gupta and F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Layout and design ©2001-2024 F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Hosted on Mythic Beasts
All comments and queries to webmaster@mamtaskitchen.com